Friday, December 31, 2010

Power of One Challenge - Week 1 Day 3

Well this morning hasn't started out to well.  5:30am my mom calls to tell me that my uncle, (her brother), passed away last night.  I was a little surprise since the last update I had was that he made it through surgery  and that the doctors were optimistic.  Guess they were wrong.  My uncle had a stroke a few weeks ago and it's been a roller coaster.  I wasn't that close to him, but he still was my uncle and I really feel for my cousin who is one year younger than me, and couldn't even imagine of what he's going through right now.

So besides the 5:30 phone call, I woke up with a stuffy nose again and a pounding headache.  My head cold is not helping me much with motivation.  Though, I am going to be going to my parents house today to meet up with my brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew for a fun day of out door play in the snow.  It's suppose to be in the mid 40's today, so the temperature will be perfect for outside sliding and snowman making!

My mom is making a big dinner tonight, so I really need to be careful with portion size.  Family gatherings always consist of huge meals.  Mom is planning on starting her diet tomorrow (New Years), then we'll be working together on motivation and support.  Plus when the temperatures are nice, we'll be walking, though that may not be until April.

So here I am again, showered, hair fix and make up on (it does help build self esteem),


I did manage to smile even with the stuffy nose and headache.


Tonight, I will be going to bed at normal time, not much of a night owl, not even on New Years Eve.  Though I wish everyone a Happy New Year and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment